Complex website built without help - content, photography, design, and development. And I also run the event.
In October 2009 I began work on a secret project - witnessing the success of Zombie Walks all across the world, I decided it was time for Sydney to host one.
Today it brings in over 15,000 participants every year, and raises a substantial amount of money for The Brain Foundation. The Sydney Zombie Walk website is very much my baby. In addition to running the event, I also:
- Designed the website
- Built all font-end and back-end functionality
- Took many of the photos visible on the website
- Responsive design
- Mobile and tablet browsers will have the same experience as desktop users
- Pages resize dynamically to fit screens of all sizes
- Responsive image gallery to go great with zombies
- Registration & Newsletter
- Integrated with MailChimp
- Users can log in with Facebook to create a fundraising page
- Makes use of Paypal's Instant Payment Notification (IPN)
- Automatically updates fundraising page & emails user when a donation is made
- Make-up bookings
- Users can book and pay for make-up before the event
- Make-up artists can register and set their own prices and timeslots
I have also run various A/B tests to ensure the content being displayed is as relevant as possible.